Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

not paid for OT

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • not paid for OT

    i have been woking for a company now for about 4 yrs getting paid hourly. Recently, this was switched to piecemeal labor(pay per job). the company now says that they dont have to pay me to load my van for the days work or incorperate my driving time into my hourly wages in turn making me lose my OT. i work an average of 50HRS but only get paid for about 35. i am a 1040. not a sub-contractor. Also, money is being deducted from my ckeck for misc. things that cannot be avoided. i am not signing off on these deductions. Is this legal?

  • #2
    First off, what is the name of your state & what type of deductions are you talking about? Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3

      i install for satellite tv. the deductions are for equipment i return the i beleive to be bad. the company halfway tests it and and if they say there is nothing wrong with it, i am charged for it and the company turns around and uses again. also, if my inventory is 5 minutes late being turned in to the main office (via fax) that i do on a weekly basis, i am deducted. there are many other deductions as well. my main complaint is the hours worked without pay though.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.