Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

vacation time Mississippi

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vacation time Mississippi

    Hello. I am a cashier at thrift store since 2001. I work almost 40 hour work week. The cashiers work on Saturdays and have set off day during middle of week, store is closed on Sundays. Production people work M-F. Here's my question about vacation time. The corporate office is saying Saturdays can't be used as a vacation day. If I want use my week of vacation time at once, I would be only able to use my vacation days for m-f then have to work that saturday. I've been working here almost eight years ive requested Saturdays before and they been approved by management. My reasoning is I use my vacation days for for the days I normally work and I should still have the two off days. If wanted to take a Saturday I would have to work my normal off day but if i want a full week off this doesn't make sense. Can the company tell us we can't use a vacation day for a day we normally work?

  • #2
    Yes, your employer can tell you when vacation days can be used. Vacation time isn't even required by law & doesn't have to be offered. (unless you have a binding employment contract guaranteeing it)
    Last edited by Betty3; 04-16-2009, 02:36 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.