This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help On How To File An Appeal New Jersey

I was terminated from my position back in February. I filed for unemployment, just received my (ui) interview on Monday and was told that I will receive either the checks going back to the week of 2/8/09 or I will receive a letter & a check for the more current weeks (2 weeks). Well today I received the latter of the two. I am needing to know what I need to do to file an appeal. Can someone please help me?
    Last edited by Toniastorm; 04-10-2009, 05:36 PM.

What were the circumstances of your termination and what reason did the state give for denying back benefits (if, in fact, that was the decision)?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

In NJ, that letter mentioned explains very clearly how to appeal. Any letter from UI about a decision they made includes instructions on appealing.

But if you got the check, I'm not understanding how you believe you were turned down for UI. If you weren't turned down, and you are getting checks, there's nothing to appeal.

Comment

I, like Patty, believe OP "might" have been denied back benefits & wants to appeal that decision. The poster never did come back & say why they were denied back benefits & the reason for their termination.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Guess my unclear poster decoder ring is not working well today

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X