This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with labor questions Florida

I really need to help here. I have worked for a company in florida for two years and got promoted last year from assistant manager to the manager. It was a nonexempt to an exempt. When I was promoted I was told I would get three 10 percent raises, with the first taking place immediately and the next two occuring over three month periods. I only got part of my first one and none of the last two. They told me that I should have gotten it in writing. I also recieve no overtime even though I work 50-60 hours a week plus I take mandatory conference calls on my own time. I was never given a letter of promotion and never given anything in writing that I would be exempt. My question is do I have any rights or do I have to just take it. I know people would say just quit if you don't like it, but I like it and I just want what's fair and reasonable.Please help me

Without something in writing, a promise is generally worth the paper it's written on. The employer is not required to put the change to your status in writing. What does the company say when you "remind" them of what you were told?

As an exempt employee, you are not legally entitled to overtime pay, no matter how many hours you work. That's what exempt means, i.e. "exempt" from the FLSA overtime (and minimum wage) provisions.
    Pattymd
    Last edited by Pattymd; 03-25-2009, 03:35 PM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X