X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia: Failure to pay commissions as described in contract Georgia

First of all,
    I work in GA, but for a company based in CT, owned by a holding company in Mo.

When I started employment for this company, I signed a very elaborate contract with them outlining my salary, benefits and commission schedule.
    The first year I was paid my commission as expected. For the last 3 years however the company has failed to pay commissions and is verbally telling the employees that there were hurdles and new % schedules cutting the commissions to small amounts or in some cases nothing. There had NEVER been anything in writing shown or presented for approval that would change the existing plan. Furthermore, any mention of a change was AFTER the year was over and never came from the boss, only the controller.

How do I approach this?
    Does it do the the state Dept of Labor? Private attorney? Tips are greatly appreciated. My feeling is that there should be some kind of Labor Law or Scam Law that will protect me on this.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

If you have an employment contract and the terms have been violated, you need to see an attorney.

My feeling is that there should be some kind of Labor Law or Scam Law that will protect me on this. Nope. A violation of a contract is a civil matter.

Comment

Agree, you need to have the contract reviewed by an employment contract attorney.
      Last edited by Betty3; 03-23-2009, 04:46 PM.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Other employees:
        There are 2 other employees with my company that are in worse condition. 1 was given a contract saying that an addendum would be attached with the sales/commission plan but the boss has strung him along for 2 years with verbal promises and not produced a written plan. Now the time to pay comes and he gets 1/4 of what he was expecting. The other guy moved from another position within the company and was never given a new contract, only verbal promises, and is now also getting ripped off by the company.

Comment

For a person that has not worked a lot with lawyers, how do you go about finding a good one that I can afford?

Comment

You pick up the phone and start dialing.

Make your first call the the local Legal Aid, your state Bar Association, or the nearest law school. They can provide referrals. (We can't.)
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X