This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reimbursement of expenses

I was negotiating buying into the business I am employed by. I paid over $30,000 of the companies expenses with the understanding that would be my buy-in. At this time I'm not sure we will be able to reach an agreement. If the deal doesn't go through, how can I get my $30,000 back?

If you put $30K of your own money into this business already, you better have had some type of contract or other legally binding agreement that anticipated this possibility.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Do you have any type of agreement or contract at all?
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

reimbursement of expenses

Unfortunately, I don't have anything other than good faith. They have been dragging their feet for 18 months to finalize the agreement. Now I have the feeling they won't go through with the agreement as discussed and are looking for a way not to reimburse what I have invested. For accounting purposes, how would they have to show me paying their expenses?

Comment

Without something in writing, you're going to have an uphill battle. Verbal "contracts" are possible, but it's going to depend on the circumstances and the laws in your state. You might want to get the advice of an attorney versed in business/contract law.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X