This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Not working pay questions Virginia

My employer, a fast-food franchise, recently had a broiler fire and is thus closed for at least 4-5 weeks for repairs. I am unable to find transportation to one of the other franchises in the same chain where i was offered a few hours each week, but nothing close the the 35 i was working originally, and am thus stuck picking up one extra shift at my other job. seeing as how i am not receiving pay from my first job, which, if any, unemployment / working reduced hours benefits am i eligible for?

Maybe some, but I wouldn't be optimistic. Your lack of transportation to another worksite is not your employer's fault. Plus, you are still working your second job. You can certainly file, there's no penalty for filing and being denied, but again, I wouldn't count on getting UI benefits.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X