This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied UI benefits Georgia

The DOL denied my application for UI benefits last November. I resigned from my job so I could take care of my parents, who were in bad health at the time. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer early last year so she was still in treatment for that. Someone had to take her to her doctor appointments & treatments. My dad had 2 surgeries on his legs so he was unable. Another reason was because of a legal issue that was later cleared up in my favor. I was honest on my application & gave them both reasons.

I appealed their decision & after a long month, they finally scheduled an appeal hearing last week. The Hearing Officer said a decision would be made that day but I just got their decision TODAY (Sat). Of course, they denied my appeal & upheld their decision.

What do I do now? I understand I can appeal this latest decison, but she explained that it would only review what was said at the appeal hearing. The representative from my old employer said wonderful things about me so they have no objection. I need help! I've worked for the last 20 years and never asked for or received any kind of assitance.
    Please someone tell me there is something I can do...

I almost forgot - when I got the first denial, I actually talked to an employee at the DOL who said that I should have not been denied due to my parents medical problems. Another employee said I wouldn't get it.

The only thing you can do is appeal again.

Here is a link to a Ga. handbook on the unemployment ins. appeal process -

http://www.dol.state.ga.us/pdf/forms/dol424b.pdf
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

You're welcome.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X