This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday hours owed should show on paycheck? California

I have heard that PTO and holdiday hours owed should show up on your paycheck as this is income. Problem is that we have no way to check holidays owed except to email someone and ask them.

I have no idea what your question is, but here are the pertinent details regarding what needs to be on the paystub. You can read the entire code section at the link I have included.

If you are you asking if nonworked, paid hours need to reflect on the paystub? No, this is not addressed in the Code.
    Everything here refers to hours worked(emphasis mine)
    226. (a) Every employer shall, semimonthly or at the time of each payment of wages, furnish each of his or her employees, either as a detachable part of the check, draft, or voucher paying the employee's wages, or separately when wages are paid by personal check or cash, an accurate itemized statement in writing showing (1) gross wages
    earned, (2) total hours worked by the employee, except for any employee whose compensation is solely based on a salary and who is exempt from payment of overtime under subdivision (a) of Section 515 or any applicable order of the Industrial Welfare Commission, ........and (9) all applicable hourly rates in effect during the pay period and the corresponding number of hours worked at each hourly rate by the employee.
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...0&file=200-243

Or are you asking about the earnings associated with nonworked but paid hours?

Or are you talking about the balance in a holiday or PTO bank? The law doesn't require that be on the paystub either.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 01-23-2009, 07:10 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Only looking for holiday hours owed.....

I'm only looking for how many vacation hours I have. If I quit tomorrow they have to pay me for this but I have no way of knowing what I have owed to me.

Comment

Why don't you keep your own records?

Ask payroll what your current balance is and how much you accrue each month/pay period. Start with that number, add the accrual each accrual period and subtract what you've taken. Pretty easy.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X