This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help Connecticut

I work for a hotel in ct. I fell and hurt my arm badly and i went to the doctors and workmans comp covered my visits and I had told my employer about 2 months ago i was still in pain and all of a sudden they forgot to send my hours threw pay roll and fired me for no reason what do I do from here

Huh?

Your post is very disjointed and hard to understand, but this is what I'm getting.

You were injured at work. You have subsequently been fired.

Are you saying you worked and have not been paid?

Did the employer have at least 50 employees within a 75-mile radius of your job site?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

What was the reason you were fired?
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

tHE REASON I WAS FIRED IS BECAUSE I WANTEDE TO GO BACK TO THE DOCTORS AND THEY STOPPED PAYING ME SO I TOLOD THEM ID COME BACK TO WORK WHEN I GOT MY EARNING AND THEY CALLED ME THE NEXT DAY AND TOLD ME TO BRING IN MY UNIFORMS

Comment

First, you will get far better and quicker responses on this board (and most other professional boards) if you use proper capitalization and punctuation.

If you have worked hours and not been paid for them, then file a claim with the CT Department of Labor.

Refusing to show up for work is certainly a reason for them to fire you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X