This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign And Trash

MY company sign me up for partial unemployment back at first of December of 2008 at least that was what I thought they were doing,,but to come and find out they did'nt even turn the paper work in. They told me that they would take care of it!!!! Sure they did i would sign a partial unemployment paper thinking the whole time they were sending in this paper work,,But no they were not they were throwing it in trash can now I"M having to wait even longer to get any money,,I went to the unemployment office and they keep telling me it's a waiting week,,well lets see their 4 weeks in a month this is Dec.31,2008 somthing is wrong,,,and its my fault for not checking behind them,,but I will for now on check behind them,,, they can'nt keep doing this to people,,, and I did'nt know I would'nt be able to draw anything for the last 4 weeks cause i put my faith in my company to take care of this,, and this is what i get NOTHING,,now i call every weekend to turn in my time i work with company at claims office,,I just wonder how they can wiggle out of this,,this time I will see!!! the only thing left for them to do is make a big lie-up and fire me it's coming,,I feel the fire on my heels!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not your employer's responsibility to sign you up for unemployment, full or partial benefits. It is your responsibility to apply. The employer is then notified and they can either respond or not. If they throw the notification in the trash, that is their perogative and the UI office will make their decision based on your information alone.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Talk to the UI dept. The waiting week generally begins at the time you stopped working or received reduced hours, not at the time that you file.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X