Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did they employer say the reason was for dismissing you?

Comment

Originally posted by disavowed View Post
      What did they employer say the reason was for dismissing you?
      My termination notice (email) says "low sales" in my territory. But my sales base had doubled in the last year (and that is without the two big contracts I secured in December) while the two other men in my position had completely lost 100% of the business in my territory (yet they kept their jobs).... which is very clear on all sales reports.

Our sales reports have ALL of our sales per territory, per customer and it lists all Reps for three years. I have copies of everything.

When you take the report and seperate the accounts by Reps.... I am the only Rep with growth. When I pointed this out to management they told me I was manipulating the numbers... ? with no other explanation but "don't respond, you are upseting us". - no joke.

Again, I am the only woman they have ever employed in Sales in over 50 yrs. They have never once employed a black person... and my contemporaries are all young men who are close to the owners. I have to add though that I was the last to be hired out of the three... but I have months of emails about them hounding me about my sales - my responses that my sales were up - them not responding. and they did not give a reason for terminating me as "you were the last hired".
      Last edited by tinker925; 01-30-2009, 05:51 AM.

Comment

The more the thread starter responds, the more I believe there is more to this story than originally revealed. It also seems strange that in the field of sales you would be removed if you were succeeding 100% -- not just with these new residual accounts, but with basic interactions with co-workers. Sounds like you rub people the wrong way and you have a chip on your shoulder.

Comment

The more the thread starter responds, the more I believe there is more to this story than originally revealed. It also seems strange that in the field of sales you would be removed if you were succeeding 100% -- not just with these new residual accounts, but with basic interactions with co-workers. Sounds like you rub people the wrong way and you have a chip on your shoulder.
          Whether you are aware of it or not stuff like this happens every day of the week, twice on sundays.

Sounds to me like you've no experience in this field.

Eric

Comment

I can see how you might make that deduction because it defies logic that a Company would do that. I have never had anything like this happen before and I really couldn't believe it was happening to me.

Comment

You're right I probably am assuming too much. Sorry. I was out of line. I work in the same field and when reading this, I expected for you to mention my company's name because I do see situations that look like this all the time.

Comment

Update

I just thought I would come back and UPDATE this post, in case anyone doing research who has had similar issue's know what I, personally have had happen.

I ended up seeing numerous attorneys. Several were over the phone and barely bothered talking to me let alone view my evidence. I kept getting "hard to prove", "they can fire anyone they want for any reason at any time".... some were interested but I didnt get the vibe they would fight?

I knew I had to take the right steps and filed 1st with the EEOC for gender discrimination... and the EEOC officer spent quite a bit of time reviewing my case.... he said it was a good case and mentioned that I would have quicker and better results if I hire an attorney. He handed me a list of attorneys stating that he was not allowed to suggest anyone, but pointing to one in particular. Meanwhile my former employer is ignoring the EEOC all together and they have hired that GOOD OLE BOY as my replacement.

I called that attorneys office and they are not small time players, they definitely FIGHT and they a very prestigous, they get thousands of requests to take on cases, and it looks like they are leaning toward taking on MINE! Before I even met them, I could tell they had researched my customer base, my projects online and me personally.

I'll keep you posted! Next is verifying they r going to take my case for sure - then we get started! My advice - don't listen to one overworked or under enthusiastic attorney... go to several... if you KNOW that you have been treated illegally and have proof, dont stop (dont listen to cynics) even if you have to go it alone! Stop employers from abuse.
                Last edited by tinker925; 04-20-2009, 12:59 PM. Reason: should add.. notes

Comment

good for you

Tinker,

Good for you! Keep at em and I bet they cave as soon as the judge dismisses thier motion for summary judgement.

Turn down thier first and second offers of settlement. That'll make em stain their pants!

Eric

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X