This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requiring pregnant women to work overtime? Florida

I am 9 months pregnant, and my current boss is requiring me to work over 40 hours, I am getting overtime pay- however... I am 9 months along and beyond exhausted. I do not know how much longer I can keep this up, but I do not want to risk my short-term dis. for maternity leave.

Any suggestions?

I wanted to get advise before I took this question to our HR person and again risk making the situation worse for myself before leaving the week after Christmas.

All others in your position or department being required to work overtime as well? Has your doctor restricted you to 40 hours per week?

How many employees work at your company/at your job site?

How would this be jeopardizing your disability? Are you just saying you don't want to go out on disability until you have the baby? I mean, you're nine months pregnant. I don't think there's a doctor in this country who wouldn't certify that you were unable to work at this point.
    Pattymd
    Last edited by Pattymd; 12-11-2008, 05:31 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Currently we all are due to it being a retail position and the time of year it is.

About 10 people work at my location 5 in the same position. There are about 100 that work for the same company in the same town but a different stores.

I currently have not been restricted as far as work goes and I never thought to ask my DR about that. Which gives me a good question for my next appointment!

Comment

Actually, it would be a violation of law for you TO get special treatment just because you are pregnant.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X