Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

No Timesheets= No Pay? Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pattymd
    Yes, you can estimate their time and make exceptions on the next pay.

    Or you can charge their entire scheduled time to vacation, that would probably get their attention.

    Or you can stop their direct deposit (if applicable) and make them get their check from a supervisor/manager who will AGAIN (probably) reiterate the importance of getting their time sheets in on time.

    Or you can hold the supervisor/manager accountable.

    Or any combination.

    Leave a comment:

  • kcwb
    started a topic No Timesheets= No Pay? Florida

    No Timesheets= No Pay? Florida

    We have several employees who consistantly "forget" to turn in timesheets, sometimes for entire payperiods. Outside of company discipline for having to spend so much time tracking them down, is there anything else we can do? If they do not turn in timesheets , can we pay them for an estimated 8 hour work day- excluding any overtime that they have probably worked- until they submit their time properly? We are a really small company, and the hours that we spend in trying to get payroll done takes away from so many other valuable business needs...
    Any help or advise is appreciated.

    In addition, all of our employees work at outside locations and their timesheets provide us withtthe information we need to bill our customers for the hours worked, so we are potentially losing billable job hours/ income to the business.
    Last edited by kcwb; 11-25-2008, 07:50 AM. Reason: add'l info
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.