This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay out when terminated? Tennessee

My son got his first job working for a non-profit organization as a bell ringer. He worked for them for about 3 weeks and was told that since he made below quota that previous day they were terminating his employment. My question is since they terminated him how long do they have to pay him out the hours he has worked.They are paid bi-weekly and he was told he would get his check on that next pay period. I do not think this is correct. Can some one who knows tell me what the time frame is the have to pay you by when they terminate you?

From the TN DOL site;

Tennessee Wage Regulation Act Title 50-2-101

What is the law concerning payment of final paychecks to employees?

Tennessee employees who are laid off, fired, or who quit must be paid their wages in full at the next regular payday, not to exceed 21 days from the date of their discharge or termination. Claims against an employer for late payment may be filed with the Labor Standards Division. The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development has the authority to enforce this law. You may review this law at Tennessee Revised Statutes Title 50-2-103(g)
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X