X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimwill
    replied
    My company orders the stuff and keeps it in a storage room till someone needs something. And yes they Just take it out of your check. They said it has to be company issued. I told them to " issue" me a jacket and I would wear it. My definition for issued was different than theirs. And yes wal-mart is on my to do list for under shirts

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    You spoke too soon, that's why DAW asked what state. Unfortunately, SC requires the employer only to pay for (most) personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, steel-toed boots, etc.

Can you purchase them from the company (or through the company-authorized vendor) and pay through payroll deductions over time? Such deductions cannot bring you below minimum wage.

Not saying this is fair. Personally, I think employers should pay for specialty clothing. However, your state doesn't require it. How about a heavy sweater or similar underneath the shirt? Better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jimwill
    replied
    The state is SC. So guess ill have to freeze then .

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    There is no such federal requirement. What state are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• jimwill
    started a topic uniforms

uniforms

The company I work for requires that we wear uniforms with the company name on the shirts. They make us buy the uniforms from the company. Its getting cold out now so I started wearing my jacket but they said we had to wear company jackets but we have to buy them if we want one or don't wear a jacket. I feel since it has company name and we can't get are own then they should supply us with the uniforms. Am I wrong?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X