X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAW
    replied
    Your state is not my state, so this will be a soft answer. In my experience when the employer makes installment payment it is functionally the same thing as if you are employed during that time. The state basically sends the employee a form to fill out detailing all payments. I have never seen the state care about what the payments were called. Severance pay is just wages as far as these forms are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• map32780
    replied
    After being on hold for 30 minutes, I decided to do some research and try and reach someone tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    When you called the unemployment office and asked this question, what did they say?

Leave a comment:

• map32780
    started a topic Florida Unemployment And Installment Severance Plans

Florida Unemployment And Installment Severance Plans

I've be laid off after working for a company for 13 years due to the economy and department reorganization. I have been offered the option of two severance packages - one a lump sum and the other installment payments. I know that I can collect unemployment in Florida if I take the lump sum option, but can I collect if I choose the installment plan?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X