This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminated Connecticut

I've worked for this landscaping company for 9 years.Never been late for work,never called in sick.The only time I took off from work was my vacation that I earned. The problem started last year when I informed the boss I wouldn't be plowing for him during the winter.Thats when the foul language started and the nit picking at every little thing.I received my pink slip with a lack of work reason and a return to work date. He called me back to work in April, I went back to work(big mistake). He started screaming and yelling at me again this summer. Now one week before laying off employees he fired me and told me to get my pink slip from the employee that I work for in the wiinter? I'm not the only employee who doesn't work in the winter for this company. I'm the one whos singaled out. Am I wrong for getting a job when I'm laid off to support myself?

Unfair is not illegal it is also not illegal for your Boss to be a jerk
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I know its unfair. My question was do I have A right to support myself without being subjected to the abuse? Without a pink slip will I be able to collect unemployment? My boss cannot prove wilful misconduct unless he lies.

Comment

There was nothing illegal about your taking another job. There was also nothing illegal about his being upset that you were not available.

There is no requirement that you have a written termination notice before you can apply for unemployment.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I know its not illegal to find another job to work as long as I claim what I worked for my unemployment.But is it violating my rights when my boss tells me I have to work for him in the winter if he calls me. It became very hostile to the point where going to work created a huge not in my stomach. I would avoid the boss as much as I could because I knew he would swear at me again. When he fired me he showed me a print out with my unemployment benefits and claimed I didn't claim what I worked(not true, have proof I did).I believe hes mad because I would be collecting on his unemployment ins.Is this wrongful termination?

Comment

No, your boss is not violating your rights if he gets mad at you for not being available for work.

No, you have not been wrongfully terminated. Unfairly, possibly; illegally, no.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X