This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• north carolina layed off while injured North Carolina

two months ago i was injured at work. My boss did not want to file it under workers comp.I had no insurance so he paid for a chiropractor for a couple of weeks. I went back to work and re injured myself,had to go to the doctor again and was layed off two weeks later with promise of severance pay but havent been contacted or had my phone messages returned. what to do?

You can always file a claim with the state WC commission. That won't have any bearing on the layoffs or severance, only the injury part. Are you still receiving medical treatment?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

no but i am still not 100% and since i did not have insurance the very minimal was done at the hospital.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X