Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after catching a payroll error, how long untill reimburstment California Nevada

On the 10th of October i caught an error in my pay (like a 1000 dollar error). i have still not recieved my missing pay.
    On the 25th of october i caught a 100 dollar error on my pay.

how long does this employer have to give me my back pay? how long before i can start asking for interest?

Did you ask them when you might receive the short in pay?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

"soon"
      thats been the answer for two weeks.

that and "i'm working on it"

Comment

What was the error related to, i.e. what type of compensation was short?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

i get paid a small hourly wage and commission. They paid me for the hourly, but not the commission. Their reasoning was the guy i replaced was "still on the books" even though the policy is i did all the work, my name is on all the work, and i should get paid for it. i even signed paperwork enforcing i was on commission in september.

Comment

Well, you can file a claim for unpaid wages with the DLSE. It may work, it may not. Be aware, though, that since you did receive your regular hourly wage, this would probably be pretty low on the priority list for them and I understand there have been budget cuts that have decreased staff and eliminated overtime. Just saying that you might get the pay from the employer before the DLSE even gets to working your claim.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X