This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost health insurance Nevada

Our employer has verbally abvised that our group health insurance policy has not been paid for this month and that we no longer have coverage. I work out of the office and was told this by a co-worker as information only. she is not in a managerial poition. No one has notified me of this change in writting and I have used my insurance this month. I called the insurance and they told me that I would be financially responsible for the charges. Can my employer do this without notifying us?

Unless Nevada has a state law requring written notification (and you can ask your state insurance commission about that), it appears that the employer DID notify you. The fact that you were not in the office at the time the employer made the notification and you were told of it by a co-workers does not change the fact that you received notification.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X