This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside sales California "couple of questions" California

I am an outside sales rep, 100% commission, in the state of California, I am listed as an employee.

I have a couple of questions.

1. The first two weeks I had a mandatory sales training course, (June 2008), during that time, I was paid $250.00 per week for the course.

+ Was I supposed to be paid the California Minimum wage of $8.00 per hour during this time?
    + I inquired about being paid for mileage during this time, 120 miles per day I was not paid any mileage.

2. Commission summaries for pay periods. When I sell the customer I am required to submit an itemized listing of what was sold and at what commission rate, which can range from 10 to 3%. I rarely get any acknowledgment of receipt of that commission statement and when my check comes in the mail, I just get a customers name listed with the dollar amount of the commission. If there is a change order with the customer that is done by the on-site supervisor I get no notification of that, which does affect my pay. The change order could even increase my original commission amount.

Most other companies that I have worked for have provided a "detailed" commission statement with the paycheck.

Looking forward to any advice and thanks.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X