This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know w here to start South Carolina

1) I dispatch for a contract company at a Federal installation.
    I have a Lt that constantly brags about his power, & how he gets rid of
    everyone he want gone. Does this constitute a hostile work envoronment?
    When you've constantly dealing with someone threatening to "write you up"
    over every little thing. making you worry all the time about your job.

2) This same LT wrote me uptoday for being late 2 times since the new company took over. the first time I had worked 38 hrs for the old co, and
    when the change over happened, I worked another 6. I got off at 6am, then had to be back at 1:30pm for my normal shift. Is there a set turnaround time
    between shifts for SC?
    When I tried to explain the reasons I was late he wouldn't listen, everytime I tried to speak he would interupt and say everyone has an excuse.
    I raised my voice as I kept being interupted by him, and now he's writing my up for insubordination! And when I asked him if my papers would be ready today he said I'd have to wait till tomorrow coz it was time for HIM to leave!
    What kind of crap is that?? Is ANY of this legal? Do I have ANY rights?

I'm sorry, I'm just so upset. I'm at work now, he caused me to break in to tears and now they just won't stop. I'm desparate to know if I can do ANYTHING to him. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by DESPARATE IN SC; 10-13-2008, 03:22 PM.

1.) No, a hostile work environment exists when, and only when, you are being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination/harassment under Title VII and related laws (race, religion, national origin etc.). Not when your boss, supervisor, manager or coworker is being a jerk.

2.) With limited industry specific exceptions, there is no guaranteed number of hours between shifts in any state.

It sounds like a miserable place to work, certainly, but nothing you have posted is illegal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks for your help. It's only this ONE supervisor. Found out since my post I have been suspended for 1 day this coming thursday.
      Written up & suspended for something HE himself does on a daily basis.
      Oh well,his turn will come. Hopefully i'll be here to see it.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X