This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working without a contract.... Connecticut

Hi- I am a teacher at a small private school in CT and I am planning on leaving my job in the very near future. Our normal contracts run from September 1st to August 31st. However, we have not received our new contracts this year and therefore I think that I am technically working without one. A coworker of mine resigned two weeks ago and the director told her that by her accepting her first paycheck this year that she had agreed to the contract (even though we do not have one) and was therefore breaking her contract. So my question is this: Does Connecticut (or any state for that matter) recognize the acceptance of a paycheck as having to agreed to a contract?
    Thanks so Much.

Not to my knowledge in ANY state. Are these individual contracts?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Individual Contracts

They are individual contracts. I have heard the program director say this a few times to a few different people. I just want to make sure that I am aware of the actual law before I am faced with that situation. Thanks.

Comment

I am missing something here. If the old contract has expired, and there is no new contract, how is getting paid without a contract "breaking the contract"?
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The issue is the fact that the director is telling me that by accepting my first paycheck I have essentially agreed to the terms of the forthcoming contract and in turn would be breaking my "contract" if I would to resign (even though I did not sign or even receive a contract to this point).

Comment

I'm not buying it.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X