This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of equipment? Ohio

I recently left a company. While negotiating my deal, the offer was not the pay I wanted so I asked for a computer as compensation. Now that I have left the company wants the laptop back. I never signed anything that explaining the laptop was mine. Nor did they have anything that said specifically the laptop was theirs. There was a general statement in hiring packet that said I need to return all items that belong to company. I believe the CPU is mine. Can I legally be responsible? Who is right?

If the pay was not as much as you wanted, when doing the "deal", you should have gotten something in writing that a computer would be yours as add'l. compensation. If it is co. equipment, I believe you are going to have to return it. They may sue you in small claims court for it if you don't return it & the judge will make the decision.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X