This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongfull termination in CA? California

I am a senior manager and feel I will be laid off in the next few weeks or months. The company would not like to get the attention of a law suit espically in the industry I work within.

I feel I have several wrongfull termination issues and I work for a company that would not want the kind of attention with a law suit.

For one I was not given my 6 month review that I was told I would be getting once i was hired. It's now month # 10.

A new company bought the school one month after my review was supposed to be given to me.

I have repeately asked for the tools needed to do my job and be succesfull but these have been ignored.

The team I run is a hard working team but is also very frustrated by the expecation put on them without the basic tools needed to do their job.

I have documented all the memos and emails that clearly stated the lack of tools and basic neccessitys for my team to be given with no vail.

I feel I am going to be made a scape goat.

Several other mangers in the company under oath would testify to my point and agree that I was not given a fair share.

Any ideas please let me know.

I want to be prepared for this, before the actual axe.

I am planning to move on at any rate but have been treated so poorley that If i am fired I would very much like to stick it to them.

1. Not a violation of law. No law requires performance evaluations.
    2. New owner? So?
    3. Again, no law requires the employer manage its employees efficiently.

A wrongful termination under the law means that you were discharged in violation of a specific law or public policy, not that reviews were late or that you were given the tools to do your job effectively, or that you complained up the chain about how the company managed its employees (since there is no law prohibiting "poor management". So, what is the law that you plan to "stick it to 'em" with?
    Last edited by Pattymd; 09-23-2008, 03:05 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agreed.

Nothing you have stated is illegal.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I can understand your frustration & your team's frustration in not having all the tools needed to do your work most effectively but there is no law saying the employer must provide them. Maybe unfair but not illegal.

I see nothing at all illegal in your post. Sorry.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X