X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plthomas15
    replied
    Thank you all for your input

Thanks for the opinions and advice. I appreciate the insight into my problem. In the meantime, I've been transferred to another group within the same Federal Agency. I am also looking for a job with another agency, or back in the private sector.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    "Duplicate" - also see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=193107 (believe she was giving more info in regard to Patty's question re union etc. asked for in 193107)
    Last edited by Betty3; 09-19-2008, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    As far as the law is concerned, if you are being paid the higher of state or Federal minimum wage or more (if non-exempt) or $455 a week (if exempt), the law is satisfied.

The only caveat is that any discrepancies in pay cannot be BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin etc. Nothing in the law says that everyone doing the same job has to receive the same pay.

It is a sad fact of life that due to market compression, new hires are often brought on at a higher rate of pay than those already in the position. It is also a sad fact of life that if an employer can get someone to work for less money, they'll usually only offer the lower amount.

Leave a comment:

• Compensation Inequality for same work performed - Colorado

I need more input:

I work for the federal government. I was hired as a 'clerk' - an entry level position at entry level pay. I am very over-qualified for this job. I have been working for over a year performing the work of a formal position/job description, which in an official job posting, has a starting salary of $12,000+ more a year than I am currently being paid. This is not a union job.

Shouldn't I be paid the same for doing the same work as another person who just has a different job status? What can be done about this discrepancy? My supervisor has often told me that the work I do is way beyond anything in my current job description.

I'm anxious to learn more about my legal rights in this matter. Thanks.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X