X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unchained
    replied
    Thanks

Well, the truth is I do work much longer than 40 hrs per week, but I am confident that, even with overtime, my commision pay is greater than the minumum wage.

So I guess, I'll be getting a written reprimand for missing the meeting today. Thanks for the response.

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    Originally posted by Unchained View Post
    So, if I miss a meeting, can my employer take disciplinary action against me?
    Hourly, salaried non-exempt, salaried exempt or straight commission, if you don't show up for a meeting that the employer demands, you can be disciplined, even fired.

Should you be paid for the time? That depends. Federal law does not require outside sales folks to be paid for such meetings, but you are not outside sales. So long as your pay for all hours for the work week exceeds federal minumum wage, I don't think the federal government will give a hoot, unless you worked over 40 hours during the work week.

Leave a comment:

• Commisioned Sales Person required to attende "Mandetory Meetings" Texas

I am a finance manager for a auto dealership. I do not recieve an hourly pay rate or even a salery. My income is based on a percentage of the amount of profit I generate by selling warrantys, life insurance, disablity insurance, and GAP insurance.

We have a schedule that shows what hours we are scheduled to be on duty. However, we also have meetings each Friday and Monday that we are required to attend even if we are not scheduled to be at work during those hours.

It seems unfair because we are not getting paid to sit in a room and listen to the usual BS. We are not even talking with customers, so we are not selling anything, and therefore are not even afforded the opportunity to genereate a commision. It's time I have to spend without being paid for it and without the opportunity to be paid for it.

So, if I miss a meeting, can my employer take disciplinary action against me?
    Last edited by Unchained; 09-15-2008, 11:41 AM. Reason: typo
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X