This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio - Right to hear call when fired? Ohio

My wife was just fired for not following call procedure at her job. The company is saying she didn't ask for the customer's last name, but she insists that she did. They wouldn't let her listen to the recording or provide any documentation other than the word of her manager. Is there any recourse to get them to produce this recording or otherwise show what they have to us in the state of Ohio? I find this a little coincidental to happen 3-5 days after another job she was interviewing for had called to verify employment.

Originally posted by Kerusm View Post
    My wife was just fired for not following call procedure at her job. The company is saying she didn't ask for the customer's last name, but she insists that she did. They wouldn't let her listen to the recording or provide any documentation other than the word of her manager. Is there any recourse to get them to produce this recording or otherwise show what they have to us in the state of Ohio? I find this a little coincidental to happen 3-5 days after another job she was interviewing for had called to verify employment.
    *PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE*

There is no specific Ohio law or regulation that would require your wife's employer to provide her with the evidence that the employer relied upon to terminate her employment. She could certainly make a request the information, however the employer could refuse to give it to her.

If your wife files for unemployment and the employer challenges her application, she might be able to get a copy of the information if the employer chooses to provide it as evidence to support its challenge of her unemployment benefits. Barring your wife filing a lawsuit for wrongful termination (and I am certainly not stating whether your wife would be successful in any such suit based upon the information that you provided) your wife would be able to get a copy of the information through the discovery process.

Mr. Pink

Comment

Based on the information in your post, I see no illegal/wrongful termination. It would only have been an illegal termination if she had been terminated for a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender). It was not illegal to terminate her w/o documentation. It would also have not been illegal to terminate her due to interviewing for another job.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X