Clear All

• DAW
    replied
    Duplicate post.

Leave a comment:

• Lizzylubinski
    started a topic Contract Laboror in Florida Florida

Contract Laboror in Florida Florida

I was employed by a greyhound racing kennel for the last ten months. I was a good dependable employee. I was paid a full time salary with an additional bonus every week. My check was always noted on the memo line Contract Labor.

Recently we changed the arrangements of the dogs and some required lifting. There was a viable soulution but my employer was not interested. While I continuted to lift I stated it was unsatisfactory to me, as I am 60 and afraid of injury. My employer stated we had a problem as he did not carry workmans comp. insurance.

I continued to do the lifting, but was offered a part time/half pay reduction position. The lifting was not eliminated from this position. A disagreement ensured and I was fired immediately.

My questions are these. Am I eligible for unemployment compensation?? How is it that my former employer is not required to carry workman's compensation insurance??

Thanks in advance, for any help and enlightenment,

Lizzy
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X