X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElleMD
    replied
    Sure you can go with the jug or reusable container. I'd let them fill it at the office though. Better for the environment as well.

Leave a comment:

• Stefanie05
    replied
    I wanted to just give them a jog. Its costing us $60,000 a year for water.

That should be ok?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Eng&SafetyMGR
    replied
    1926.51(a)(1)

An adequate supply of potable water shall be provided in all places of employment.

In this case I would opine that their vehicles would be their main place of employment.

Maybe you should just keep giving out the bottled water. Might be simpler and cheaper in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Eng&SafetyMGR
    replied
    Yes, read the constrction standard again. The fact that they are in customers homes is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Stefanie05
    replied
    Now service techs work out of their vehicles and go into our customers home.

Are we still required to provide them water or a water jug?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Eng&SafetyMGR
    replied
    Since your tech's spend the majority of their time away from a central workplace I would opine that the construction standard would be the most apllicable to your situation. The reg. is here;

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...RDS&p_id=10624

The standard for a "permanent" place of employment is here;

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...ARDS&p_id=9790

Leave a comment:

• Stefanie05
    replied
    Water

What is the OSHA law say?

THanks

Leave a comment:

• Eng&SafetyMGR
    replied
    Ask them to provide you with this "law" , that will end that discussion quickly because there is none. It sounds to me as they are mis-interpeting OSHA standards.

I'm assuming the intent of this is to cut costs and what you are proposing does meet the OSHA standards. I would go one step further and allow them to fill the jugs at the shop as well, that way they have no out of pocket expense. Tapwater in any area should meet or exceed the safe potable water standards. If they prefer bottled water let them pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• Stefanie05
    started a topic Water Florida

Water Florida

Hi Guys!!

I am not even sure where to post this question, so Im sorry if I posted it in the wrong place!!

We are a AC company and have about 40 service technicians. We give them bottle water to hydrate themselves in the hot weather. We wanted to do away with the bottle and give everyone a jug. They would fill it up before they leave home.

It is going around our service department that "it is a florida law that we have to provide water to all our service techs."

I can't find anything on this and I think its crazy but I thought I would ask.

Thanks!!!!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X