This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary for an employee Oklahoma

My son works for a company, upon him getting hired him and his boss agreed to a set amount of wages, with no weekends worked. It was agreed that he would work Monday thru Friday. He has been called in several Saturdays in a row to work, at least 5, which he did. But he had to take off on a Monday for a Family situation, his boss docked him $200.00 for that day. Stating that if he was not there he would not get paid for the day. But he has not compensated him for the extra days worked for the weekend. Is this legal for the boss to do?
    Please anxious to find a response to my question.

What does your son do? If he is exempt, then yes, he could be docked for the full day he did not work but would not have to be paid for the "extra" days he comes in.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Son

He works in the oilfield. I dont believe he would be exempt.

Comment

What does he do in that oilfield? It makes a difference.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Son

I am not sure of his title, but if I had to give him one, it would be a Crew Leader. Which means he tells someone else what to do. But prior to him taking off, his boss said he would fill in for him for that day. He has never missed a day of work other than that one day.

Comment

If he manages the work of others then it is very possible he is exempt. Whether or not they can dock his pay for the day has nothing to do with whether or not it was approved or someone filled in for him.

Is he paid on a salary basis?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X