X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    Wi. is one state that has no law re timely payment requirements for commissions and/or requirements for figuring commissions.

I would still file a wage claim.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Try checking their website. It is not uncommon for the 2-3 people in a government agency who actually know what they are doing to NOT be the people answering the phones. I am sure that you can file a wage claim with WI-DOL. That is what they are they for. I am very unsure on what their limits are.

Leave a comment:

• im4nd
    replied
    Thanks DAW. I actually called the wisconsin state labor division and she was not much help otherthan telling me to fill out a complaint sheet and send it in. I don't want to go thru that process if there are no laws addressing this issue.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    I know zip about WI but one obvious answer is to file a wage claim with your state's DOL. My one concern would be the amount claimed, but you could ask the state the limit prior to filing. Small claims court is an option, but presumably there is a potential limit issue there also. Federal DOL is not the right venue for commissions. If the above all get removed as options then what is left is a general court action which would require a local attorney. These are the same four options that are generally available in most states.

Leave a comment:

• im4nd
    started a topic Withholding commission check PLEASE HELP Wisconsin

Withholding commission check PLEASE HELP Wisconsin

I accidentally posted this in the wrong section so i'll try it here. (I'm New)

HI all! Great forum!! first time poster.

Can someone please give me some help with this? I left my job with a large company June 6th. They told me i would see my final commission check within 60 days at the latest. It has obviously been longer than that and no one at this company will give me an answer. I continually get the run around no matter who I talk to. I have documented every phone call but still nothing. What are the laws concerning this and do I have any recorse for action?

My sincere thanks!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X