This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions Texas

Ok i have been working in a Grocery Store meat market for 3 and a half years now and I have not got any paid vacation days is this legal? I work 5 days a week 35-40 hours a week. Also Am I suppose to be paid time and a half for working 9 hours on labor day? Is it legal to "round down" on time card? Since the minimum wage went up was I suppose to get paid more if I'm making 7.25 a hour. I worked for 3 years to get paid 7.25 a hour and now anyone that is getting hired is all most making as much as me. Is this right?

Originally posted by Solidusnake View Post
    Ok i have been working in a Grocery Store meat market for 3 and a half years now and I have not got any paid vacation days is this legal? I work 5 days a week 35-40 hours a week. Also Am I suppose to be paid time and a half for working 9 hours on labor day? Is it legal to "round down" on time card? Since the minimum wage went up was I suppose to get paid more if I'm making 7.25 a hour. I worked for 3 years to get paid 7.25 a hour and now anyone that is getting hired is all most making as much as me. Is this right?
    Your company is not required to offer vacation days. The law does not require premium pay for working on holidays. If you are making more than minimum wage, then the wage increase doesn't affect you. It only requires people to be paid at LEAST minimum wage; it does not require that people who are paid more to receive an increase.

You'll need to describe better the round down situation. For example if you work 7.5 hours, is it rounded down to 7?
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

If i clock in at 8:07 it counts as 8:00 or if i leave at say 4:22 it goes to 4:15. 7 mins isn't much but at the end of the year that adds up to a lot of time I'm working and not getting paid for. If its 7 mins or less he rounds down pretty much. Also So raising minimum wages really has no point but to make employers raiser there prices on product to make up for the increase in pay.

Comment

If i clock in at 8:07 it counts as 8:00 or if i leave at say 4:22 it goes to 4:15. 7 mins isn't much but at the end of the year that adds up to a lot of time I'm working and not getting paid for. If its 7 mins or less he rounds down pretty much. Also So raising minimum wages really has no point but to make employers raiser there prices on product to make up for the increase in pay.
        That appears to be legal since it work sin your favor if late, but takes away time if you punch out late. They would "negate" each other.

Comment

Ok Thank you for the very quick replys. Guess I will have to be 7 mins late everyday to make up for the time i lose at end of day.

Comment

Ok Thank you for the very quick replys. Guess I will have to be 7 mins late everyday to make up for the time i lose at end of day.
            And you will be fired for those 7 minutes.

Comment

Federal rounding rules.
              "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
              Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

... Didnt see the Federal rounding rules sry ty again for quick replys.
                Last edited by Solidusnake; 09-01-2008, 04:18 PM. Reason: didnt see a post

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X