This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Lunch Deduction - Virginia

My company automatically takes a half hour of pay out of your paycheck each day and our boss tells us to fill out what's called a "no lunch slip" if we haven't taken our lunch.The other day I went to fill one out and never asked before but when I went to turn it in he tried screwing me telling me "you're suppose to take
    your lunch" expecting me to back down and let them take the 30 minutes from my check.If I'm not mistaken he has to let me sign that slip because they're not allowed to automatically deduct 30 minutes from my pay in the first place for that if I don't take it right?

another thing,can an employer fire you for sending an application in to another company in the same type of business or associating with another company of the same type of business while you're off their clock?

If you are a non-exempt employee, then you must be paid for all hours worked. If the company requires you to take a lunch, then you can be terminated for not doing so.

If the company learns that you are job hunting, you can be terminated for that as well.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.This site is VERY helpful

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X