X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will the emergency room provide a note? New York

Dear readers,

I work on the collection department of a busy manhattan group,

The last few weeks of august have been very intense with a high number of calls made and pressure from the management to push for more cash

This week I feel really weak and I have headics and my hearth pressure is high even when its time to go to sleep;

I feel I'm getting seriously sick and I need a break of 3 or 4 days of rest this very week;

I tried to schedule an appointment with my doctor but
    The next available appointmtnt is in october!

If I go to an hospital this evening, will the doctor give me a note for this week?
    Or chances are he will give
    Only 1 or 2 days?

Do I have any other options
    If I need this thursday and friday off? I don't have any vacations days remaining

I need the note because the policy at my company is u have to show it for 3 and more days when you are sick

Thank you

The answer is the same as in the question you posted in the HR Managers forum earlier. We do not know what the ER doctor will do. We do not have a crystal ball; we do not read minds. We have no way of knowing what actions a third party will take in future. Nor are our opinions binding on him.

Please do not double post.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      The answer is the same as in the question you posted in the HR Managers forum earlier. We do not know what the ER doctor will do. We do not have a crystal ball; we do not read minds. We have no way of knowing what actions a third party will take in future. Nor are our opinions binding on him.

Please do not double post.
      So if you don't know why are you responding the same unhelpful answer?.....

Comment

So why are you asking questions nobody can answer??? How could anyone possibly know what a doctor will do?

Comment

Nobody here is stopping you from going to the ER. Quit whining and go if you think you just need the time off. Then enjoy the 5 day weekend with the holiday Monday which I'm sure has nothing to do with this.
          "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3 View Post
            So why are you asking questions nobody can answer??? How could anyone possibly know what a doctor will do?
            Take a few minutes to read some of his prior posts and I think the picture will become clearer.
            "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Originally posted by Eng&SafetyMGR View Post
              Take a few minutes to read some of his prior posts and I think the picture will become clearer.
              Sorry, no time.
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X