This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went on vacation. Came back and have no job! California

So I asked my boss if I could have 3 weeks off to go on vacation and he said "no problem when are you coming back?" I told him when and that was that.
    Just got back and he said that he doesn't have "all that much" for me to do right now. " Could you find something else to do for a while??!!!!" ( I have worked for same company for 10 yrs-on payroll.)
    So now I have to try and find something "else" to do and then call him back in a couple of days. Meanwhile I am getting no money for bills and other expenses that are due soon. I usually get paid on a weekly basis.

Can he do this to me? Do I have any rights in the matter at all??

he sure can.
    He most-likely would not do it if it weren't legal. Too easy of a payday for a former employee.
    Contact your local unemployment office to help with those bills.
    Your options in the workplace are the three "L's"- Live with it, Lobby for change, or Leave. Screaming for an attorney will do no good most of the time.

Comment

I'm not seeing anything illegal, either. It happens. File for UI immediately.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X