This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can employers be selective on employees who get 15 min breaks Florida

im new to this forum but i UNDERSTAND! that an employer ISNT required to give 15min unless the agree under specific conditions they (employer) agrees to (in FLORIDA) but if an emplorer ALLOWS a "15 min break" to one of the employees isnt the other employee(s) allowed one too...(atleast in the same shift as the one who gets a 15min break)

im not screaming "dascrimination" it just seems "not just" if he (the emplorer) allows 15 min brakes to "smokers" but when im standing outside for a random 15 minutes without a cigarette he tells me and other non-smokers to get back inside and the ironic thing is he (the employer) himself doesnt even smoke what gives

Too many gremlins.

Unless the reason that one employee gets a break and another doesn't is based on a legally protected characteristic, such as race, gender, ethnic origin, etc. the employer is not violating any laws. I agree it doesn't seem fair (and I'm a smoker), but it isn't illegal.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      (and I'm a smoker)
      Haven't you had a heart attack or do I have the wrong person?

Agree with Patty's answer.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

[QUOTE=Betty3;989798]Haven't you had a heart attack or do I have the wrong person?
        QUOTE]

*sigh* In some things, people would say I have rocks for brains.
        Last edited by Pattymd; 08-10-2008, 09:06 AM.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Wowsers. Patty if I knew you were of such health I'd have sent you a PM wishing you the best. Dang it, take care of yourself!
          I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
          Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
          I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
          Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Originally posted by cactus jack View Post
            Wowsers. Patty if I knew you were of such health I'd have sent you a PM wishing you the best. Dang it, take care of yourself!
            Last one was 1998, hanging in there!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X