This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaried Exempt laws in NC North Carolina

Hi. I am a manager at a manufacturing plant in NC. All of the salaried people are exempt from overtime pay. We are required to work 45 hours a week. I was making $45,000/yr, but we were just forced to take a 10% paycut, which brings me down to $40,500 year. Is it legal for the company to force me to work 45 hours a week without overtime pay because I make less than $50,000 yr?
    Thanks. This is a very imformative and useful sight!!

Originally posted by garman View Post
    Hi. I am a manager at a manufacturing plant in NC. All of the salaried people are exempt from overtime pay. We are required to work 45 hours a week. I was making $45,000/yr, but we were just forced to take a 10% paycut, which brings me down to $40,500 year. Is it legal for the company to force me to work 45 hours a week without overtime pay because I make less than $50,000 yr?
    Thanks. This is a very imformative and useful sight!!
    Yes. Legal.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

FYI. The federal rules are that Exempt Salaried employees must be paid at least $455/week. Hard as it is to believe, in the not so distant past, that was quite a bit lower.

A very few states have a higher limit but NC is not normally mentioned as one of those states.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X