This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to handle my situation-South Carolina

On July 13 I posted about a situation I am having at my work. here is an UPDATE and my question for direction on how to handle this. Thanks..

I am doing a different job and working away from that other girl whom I mentioned in my 1st post. I spoke with the head manager last week, and he claims I was pulled because he says my drops are low, and much lower than others. However this is not true. My supervisor has tried to defend my case several times, and he's been driving a forklift for 20+ years. The head manager does not drive a forklift, but mostly just sits in his office all day long. He does not actually get out and do the job.

I was working on a side of the warehouse where orders were very low, and so keeping the employees busy was a challenge. On top of that many of the item locations have bad UPC's, do not have a UPC, or the items only exist in the racks and nowhere else.

I've head at least 2 other employees complaining about the lack of work that they have when they work for the girl that lost her baby. And today that girl did not show up to work, so a man drove her forklift. He has been driving a lift for many many years and even told me how difficult it is to keep the employees busy in that side of the warehouse because of a lack of orders. He agreed 100% with me about it being a hassle to work there, and frustrating. He said that even his drops were lower on that side as well.

A manager has a right to lie, exaggerate or look over truths which is what happened here.

So my plan is to do my job to the best of my ability and hope to be restored to my driving duties soon. My supervisor wants me back driving a forklift, but its not his fault if the head manager does not like me.

I realize that I have not always admitted my faults, and have not always been the most humble person around. Am I on a good track?

Kelly

Originally posted by kellyanderson28 View Post
    So my plan is to do my job to the best of my ability and hope to be restored to my driving duties soon. Kelly
    I haven't gone back and searched for your old post, but generally speaking, that is the best way to go. Do your own job the best that you can and don't worry about what others are doing or not doing.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      I haven't gone back and searched for your old post, but generally speaking, that is the best way to go. Do your own job the best that you can and don't worry about what others are doing or not doing.
      Its wrong to be falsely accused or misunderstood. But it happens...

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X