Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Vacation Time Taken Away! -Pennsylvania

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vacation Time Taken Away! -Pennsylvania


    I will post my situtuation in bulleted form to hopefully make it as clear as possible. Any advice would be much appreciated!

    • I work at HOSPITAL "A" for 4 years
    • I was made an offer at HOSPITAL "B" and was told (and given in writing) that my start date at HOSPITAL "A" would be used as my start date at HOSPITAL "B"
    • This start date is important as it allows me to accrue vacation time.
    • Some of the employees at HOSPITAL "B" complained that I (as well as others that came along with me) were given too much
    • My start date was changed from 4 years ago -- to the day I started at HOSPITAL "B"
    • Essentially, as a result, it will now take me 4 years (instead of 1) to get to my 4th week of vacation
    • OTHER people that were hired from HOSPITAL "A" along with me (those that already had accrued enough time for 4 or weeks of vacation) had their vacation removed as well --however THEY were given sign on bonuses
    • Again, all of this was presented AND given in writing...and was a big factor in my decision to go to HOSPITAL "B"...and now it was taken away.

    Again, any thoughts or advice is appreciated!



  • #2
    duplicate post

    All the responders here read all the forums, so it is not necessary to post your question in multiple places.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.