This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeslips refused in Idaho Idaho

A friend of mine is trying to get her timeslips or a printout from her employer which is a nationwide pharmacy chain and has been refused. Is this legal in Idaho and what is the law on it? Please helps us out.

If I may ask. Why?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

She feels she is being shorted on her hours as do several other employees. The store manager is notorious for cutting off hours and has been disciplined in the past for doing so.

Comment

The only state I know of that requires the employer to do this is California. The state Dept. of Labor can tell you though. Is she going to try to resolve this within the company without filing a wage claim?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yes she is trying to solve the problem internally but if it can not be solved she will go outward if needed.

Comment

If they're refusing the request, she's probably going to either have to file the claim with the state DOL, or file a private law suit and have an attorney subpoena the records. She doesn't have to have the actual numbers to file with the DOL. She can estimate to her best knowledge (don't pad it and don't undercut, either) and let the state hash it out with the employer.

From now on, I'm sure you've figured out, she should keep her own records of hours worked, at home.

BTW, just to make sure, she IS nonexempt, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
              BTW, just to make sure, she IS nonexempt, right?
              I'm not quite sure what that means... Could you briefly explain?

Comment

Just briefly a non-exempt employee gets paid overtime such as when they work over 40 hrs. a week. They must be paid for all time/hrs. worked.

An exempt employee gets a fixed weekly salary no matter how many hrs. they work a week.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Sorry I'm used to that being called salary and non-salary. Yes she is non-exempt and gets paid hourly.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Vega View Post
                    Sorry I'm used to that being called salary and non-salary.

It's a very common misunderstanding.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X