Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

personal injury lawsuit

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • personal injury lawsuit

    my question is or my problem is i got injured at work. because my employer has under 5 employees he dont have to carry workmans comp insurance. STUPID LAW can i bring a personal injury lawsuit against him to recoup my work time losses. doctor payments losses and whatever else i can get if anything. or am i just screwed. what can i do i have to live and pay my bills

  • #2
    What state are you in? We ask that for a reason.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      • #4
        saint louis missouri


        • #5
          Yes, if your injury does not fall under the WC laws for your state then you can file a civil suit but understand that the standard is very different. WC is a no fault system while a civil suit requires that your employer be negligent or have purposely caused the injury.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.