Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denied Unemployment... Need help.... Please...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied Unemployment... Need help.... Please...

I was fired from my job at an accounting firm in Nashville for company violation. They say that I violated a confidentiality policy. Some background... I was having marital trouble and my husband called me at work and told me to do a print screen of my work email inbox. (he wanted to see if I was getting personal emails at work)... I did so.... then the following day I was called in and fired for violating company policy. They said that by emailing my husband a printscreen snapshot of my inbox was a violation of confidentiality. I dont understand this for all my inbox shows in email addresses of other employees who have sent me emails for various reasons such as work information or other. I do not deal with clients and there was no "confidential" information that could be seen. Anyone can call the firm and ask for someone's email address who works there... so I dont understand... Can someone please give me some advice? I appealed and it was denied again... The first time the appeals officer called she could not get the employer on the phone... she then was 2 minutes after the 15 minute deadline when she called back with the employer on the line. Does that mean anything? Can I request a copy of the confidentiality policy to see exactly what it states? I signed it back 1 1/2 years ago when I was first hired but I was under the assumption that it was for client financial information, etc... Also, what does willful misconduct mean?

Thank you so much for any info or advice you can give...

Please post in only one forum. Thank you.

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=189504

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X