X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    Unpaid is ok for lunch as long as you don't do any work during your lunch break.

Leave a comment:

• MarketBucket
    replied
    I Dont get paid for the time on Lunch but I do for all other hours, What I was informed by the other people I work with was the hour for a 7 or longer shift, but I wasnt sure.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Also, just to be clear, is the OP being paid for all hours worked?

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Under the law in New Hampshire, an employee who works more than 5 hours consecutively is entitled to a 30 minute meal period. I cannot find anything to suggest that there are different rules for minors. As long as you are receiving a 30 minute break within a shift, it really doesn't matter if you are working 7 hours or 7.5 hours; the employer is legal either way.

If your question is whether or not it is legal to have a different length lunch break depending on which shift you are on, it is, as long as that break is at least 30 minutes for every 5 hours.

Leave a comment:

• MarketBucket
    started a topic Question regarding Lunch Periods New Hampshire

Question regarding Lunch Periods New Hampshire

Where I work, ( im still a minor if it makes a difference ) on Sundays I usually work a 7-3 shift, or if not that a 12-8 shift. Every time I work the 7-3 shift they give an hour unpaid lunch.

When I get the 12-8 shift which are the same amount of hours as 7-3 a certain boss says you only get a 30 minute break.

Why this confuses me, is on my schedule it says under the shift 7 hours. Since 12-8 is an eight hour shift that means Im entitled an hour lunch and they are technically making me work 30 more minutes that I am scheduled which is 7.5 hours.

The word around the people I work with is that if you work 7 or more hours you get an hour so 7.5 would still fall under the hour shift. So I was wondering if anybody knew the specifics? Thanks.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X