Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

question about filing a lawsuit against employer South Carolina

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • question about filing a lawsuit against employer South Carolina

    I am at my breaking point on my job due to substandard working conditions such as harassment and mental stress etc. Taken it for way too long and thinking about calling it quits on Monday. If I quit, do I still have a right to file a suit against my former employer? I really don't think I want to fight it anymore.

  • #2
    What kind of a lawsuit are you referring to?

    You'll need to define what you are calling harassment. What many people mean when they use that term is not illegal and does not provide grounds for a lawsuit, whether you quit or not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Stress is a very unlikely cause for suit.

      Courts are under the impression that you have the freedom to leave a job that you don't like by your own action.

      In other words, there is no law that people have to be nice to you. You can, instead, request a transfer or quit.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

      I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

      Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.