X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not paying IRA and Health Ohio

Greetings,

My employer for the last year and a half has collected over $1700 for my simple ira which is done with Ameriprise. Every month for the past 18 months I have received a statement saying my balance is only 97 cents. After calling my agent at Ameriprise I am told they have been sending my company statements, but they have not collected any money from them. My pay stubs show my simple IRA coming out every month and are deducted from my wages before taxes. When I question my employer they tell me about some sort of confusion and that the money will be going in shortly. But for the past year and a half I have been denied any interest that my portfolio could have gained due to them not putting my money in properly. For the past 4 months I have been giving the same excuses that they will put the money in but to date my balance still says 97 cents. Is there anything I can do about this?

My second issue is that they also take out for my medical/life insurance. Every 2 weeks they take almost 40 dollars. I have not used my insurance in over 7 months. My son needed his regular check up at our doctor office which excepts my insurance. On my last visit they told me my insurance was not valid. After more investigating I have found the company allowed the insurance to lapse by not sending in our payments. This is also deducted from my check before taxes. So to me they are taking my money and not paying any of my benefits. I'm not the only one this is happening to in our company. We have 5 other employees that are just as frustrated as I am, but I have finally had enough. Is there ANYTHING that I can do to get something rolling to get my benifits paid for or be reimbursed for the money that have not been paying in?

Thank you for your time!

For both matters, contact the US DOL, which is the regulatory agency for both situations.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X