This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.C. Wage and Hour North Carolina

I have opened a case with N.C. Wage and Hour and have ben waiting for several months for a resolve.
    The case worker who is handling the case has never contacted me. I have made all attempts in contacting him. I have left him several voice mails and have only had luck with e-mails in receiving any word from him about my case.
    He has how ever contacted my employeer, and has closed the case without ever contacting me. Stating that he tried contacting me. He has my office number, my cell number and my e-mail address. I have a voice mail service and voice mail on my phone. Never heard a word.

When contacting the State Wage and Hour board to check on the case, I am told to contact my case worker. Big circle going on here.

I would rather not involve an attorney if I can use my State resources.
    Any ideas on how I can get my case opened again, or have another case worker put in contact with my case?

Thanks for taking time to read this e-mail.

Try the Federal Wage Hour Division...

(704) 749-3360

(919) 790-2741
    ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

Thanks

I will do that!!!
      Thanks for taking time!!!

Comment

Or try emailing higher up the chain. Maybe this guy?
        Bureau Contact

Jim Taylor
        Administrator
        919-807-2796
        1-800-NC-LABOR
        Ask Wage & Hour
        http://www.nclabor.com/wh/wh.htm
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks

PATTYMD,
          Thanks to you as well!!

Comment

Update

Just wanted to follow up.
            It has been a few months since I started the process on my case (3-3-08)
            Since that time, NC Wage and Hour has appointed me another case worker.
            In my last e-mail with the case worker, I asked if there was a time frame that my case would be opened. I was told between now (7-22-08) and (12-01-08).
            Thats a little over 9 months. Is this normal?
            My case worker also told me I could hire an attorney as well. The State of NC states that if I hire an attorney, I cant go back and ask for there help.
            Any ideas?
            Thanks All,
            D

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X