This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute of limitations back vacation Illinois

Does anyone know the statute of limitations on back vacation pay? My husband passed away 4 months ago and was promised for vacation pay for years that he never collected. I would like to get it now, as I need it, but the company he worked for is refusing to pay it.

Thanks for any and all info.
    Pam

Sorry for your loss. That's plenty of time. Why is the company telling you they won't pay?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I am also sorry for your loss. Under Illinois law a former employee has a claim under the Act for the collection of the monetary equivalent of his/her vacation time earned in accordance with an employment contract, agreement or policy. For more information, 820 ILCS 115/5 and 56 Ill. Adm. Code 300.520. File a wage claim on behalf of his estate.
      Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Unless otherwise provided in a collective bargaining agreement, whenever a contract of employment or employment policy provides for paid vacations, and an employee resigns or is terminated without having taken all vacation time earned in accordance with such contract of employment or employment policy, the monetary equivalent of all earned vacation shall be paid to him or her as part of his or her final compensation at his or her final rate of pay and no employment contract or employment policy shall provide for forfeiture of earned vacation time upon separation.

Claims for vacation pay must be brought to the Department within three years from the date the vacation is earned.

An employment contract or an employer's policy may require an employee to take vacation by a certain date or lose the vacation, provided that the employee is given a reasonable opportunity to take the vacation. The employer must demonstrate that the employee had notice of the contract or policy provision.

Why is the co. telling you that his vacation time earned is not payable? I, too, am sorry for your loss.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X