X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAW
    replied
    If you are talking about 2007, do not wait for the 1099 (which would be in error even if you got it). Instead use an IRS form 4852, Substitute For a Missing Form W-2. Include a brief explanation letter and you also have you "tell IRS" task taken care of.

Leave a comment:

• A30nFlux256!
    replied
    1099 unemployment

Thanks for your reply. The "Jerk" will have karma coming down the road. All of the employees that were put on 1099 have left.. all but me. One 1099 employee has filed for unemployment and now the "jerk" will need to explain why he did not pay for third quarter taxes. I will take your advise and file a complaint with the IRS... the jerk still has not issued our end of year 1099 tax forms.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    This is complicated. You can "report" "him" to state DOL or IRS. The key is that IRS in particular is looking out for their own interests, not yours. IRS has a form SS-8 that is applicable, but IRS main concern is looking for someone they can penalize for not handling taxes correctly, probably the employer. You need to be very careful that failure of the employer to withhold taxes in no way protects the employee for underdeposited taxes at year end. NV-DOL might be more sympathetic. They are not getting UI taxes and that will be a no-no as far as they are concerned. NV will still hold you responsible for getting NV-SIT correct however.

One last point. Your "employer" is a jerk (or worse). Reporting him to the government is the right thing to do, but it will not make the employer any less of a jerk. IMO, start looking for another employer now.

Leave a comment:

• A30nFlux256!
    started a topic W2 to 1099 Nevada

W2 to 1099 Nevada

In 8/07 I was taken off payroll along with everyone else in our office and put on 1099. My job duties and hours did not change. I am now finding out that the owner of this business is wrong demanding that we still need to abide by procedures of "Employees". My question is what recourse do I have? Can I report him and if so to whom?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X